This formula contains a studied Tasmanian Pepperberry derivative to help reduce irritation associated with acid use. This derivative is of plant origin and varies in colour seasonally and this colour variation may be apparent in the formula from time to time. This formula is further supported with a crosspolymer form of hyaluronic acid for comfort, Vitamin B5 to assist healing and black carrot as an antioxidant.
Note: This formula contains a very high concentration of free acids. We recommend use only if you are an experienced user of acid exfoliation and your skin is not sensitive.
Contraindications: This formula should not be used on sensitive, peeling or compromised skin. Please refer to additional sun protection note and other warnings in provided Directions.
The pH of this formula is approximately 3.6. Glycolic Acid, the primary AHA used in the formula, has a pKa of 3.6 and pKa is the most important aspect to consider in formulating with acids. pKa implies acid availability. When pKa is close to pH, there is an ideal balance between salt and acidity, maximizing the effectiveness of the acid and reducing irritation. Higher pH numbers in such a case would increase salt which counter-intuitively would make the formula even more irritating than if the formula was more acidic.
Note: While exfoliating acids can result in quick visible benefits, we generally suggest indirect forms of skin exfoliation in favour of direct forms such as this formula due to potential inflammation and sensitivity associated with acids. Please refer to NIOD's Non-Acid Acid Precursor for such a reference.
- Clean face and wait for skin to dry. Do not use it on wet skin.
- Apply evenly across face and neck using fingertips, avoiding the eye area. Leave on for no more than 10 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- Do not use it on sensitive, peeling or compromised skin. Avoid the eye contour and contact with eyes both during application and rinse off.
- This low-viscosity solution is intended to be used as a masque. Do not leave on for longer than 10 minutes.
- It is not recommended to use it more than twice per week.
- Contact of the product with the skin must be of limited frequency or duration. If irritation occurs, cease use and consult a physician.
- Use only as directed on unbroken skin. Patch testing prior to use is advised. Keep out of reach of children.
Glycolic Acid, Aqua (Water), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Daucus Carota Sativa Extract, Propanediol, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Salicylic Acid, Lactic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Citric Acid, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Xanthan gum, Polysorbate 20, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol
- Brand: Muicin
- Type: For all skin types
- Beauty Features: MUICIN - AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution
- Country of origin: Germany
1 x MUICIN - AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution